Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

I was brave.

Oh boy. I remember EVERY detail about that day. A January night in California... A Saturday at that. What a beauty. I was dressed and ready for the biggest moment of my life. A responsibility beyond what I could have ever imagined fell into my hands. By choice. A smart choice. I went to confront the most important man in my life with a prayer in my heart and boom. It all happened. Truth was abound and my conscience was at peace. I spent the remainder of the evening with my two favorite people. My angels.

A year later, life is back to normal, if you will. Maybe if that day hadn't occurred... I would be living somewhere else. But oh am I grateful this day occurred. I'm better, stronger and most definitely happier.

3 comments:

Crystal Noel Perry said...

I think you should expand...just a little...for dummies like me.

Eva Padilla said...

I had every intention of expanding this post with some more details but as soon as I started writing, I started to fall asleep.... The usual! I intend on finishing this sometime today!

Unknown said...

You're a beauty... So strong, so determined. How I love you, Eva, girl!