Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Return to the Mile High City

As expected... WORTH IT!

Impulse, anticipation and uncertainty clouded this whole situation but as in all adventures of E squared, success was the end result. It was a weekend away from the norm yet eating like champions, having the greatest time and aiming to please was still the way it went down.

Break it down, kid: (Times may be slightly off... get over it.)
11 am Saturday, May 29: Jump in the car and drive. Ten hours later... Boom! Mile high.
11 pm Saturday, May 29: Dinner at the Keg. I can't talk about it! It was too wonderful, too spectacular, too moving.
1 pm Sunday, May, 30: Wake up, eat breakfast (Pint's of Ben & Jerry's), eat some more and some more (Pei Wei, Coldstone... IT NEVER ENDS)

5:30 pm Sunday, May 30: Arrive at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Try to take it in. Buy shirts. Kansas (whatev).

8 pm Sunday, May 30: STYX! I would like to share the events of the following hour and a half but I can't. It was rock and roll. It was spiritual. It was emotional. It was the best concert I've ever been to. It was mind blowing. It was better than I could have dreamed. It was with my best friend.

9:15 pm Sunday. May 30: The Hunt for Tommy Shaw. Harassment of everyone we came in contact with. Camping out by the tour buses. Peeing behind the bus. Waiting for Tommy.
10:15 pm Sunday, May 30: JAMES YOUNG. Yep, we got a picture with him. Jerk.
10:20 pm Sunday, May 30: Jack-Mormons join in the camp-out for Tommy Shaw. And I quote, "Tommy Shaw is my freebee." (I'm in touch with that sister.)
10:45 pm Sunday, May 30: TOMMY SHAW. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. Tommy.
8:30 am Monday, May 31: Back to Rexburg.

Worth it! Tommy Shaw, I love you. Emily Hale, I love you more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eva, I love you the most!