Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Something More

Recently, I read a scholarly article who's thesis focused on phenomena. This article has become a phenomena in itself, in my mind. My incessant thoughts on the subject have brought me to understand a little more about myself. The author of this article explained that a phenomenon is nothing more than interest from the individual. Life, objects, art, actions and words are ordinary until someone see's them as extraordinary. That interest becomes a thirst for further knowledge on whatever it is. Ancient philosophy tells us that it is just perception that is clouded by a notion of mystery. Since reading this, I look at the world a little differently. I don't know everything and there is a mystery about most people and situations I come in contact with.

So, here's the deal. I seriously thought about deleting my blog, and then I read this article. Perhaps my perception will not change the world, or yours, but it is worth documenting. So much of me wants to spend the remainder of my life sitting in an office with a Ph.D on the wall, researching and writing about ancient and modern political theory and be called a scholar. But, that is not my road to take. Instead, I will use this gem of a device and write to a face I can not see.

Here's to blog rejuvenation.

No comments: