Saturday, October 17, 2009

You Still Don't Believe

Last night I went and saw the movie, "The Invention of Lying." The setting was in a world where no one can tell a lie. They live in a world much like ours except everyone tells the truth and says what is on their minds about everything. The movie was mediocre at best. I don't recommend it and I will definitely not be the first one in line to buy it, but some credit is in order for a couple of humorous parts.

What if we lived in a world without lies? What if we lived in a world where you could tell anyone what you thought of them because that was the norm? Is honesty the best policy? Is lying always inappropriate?

This could be an ethical debate that could go on forever, but wouldn't it be neat to always speak your mind. I have this book called the "Book of Questions." One of the questions goes along these lines: If all of your closest friends could honestly tell you everything they thought about you, would you want to hear it?

I would say sure. It probably wouldn't be the most enjoyable experience but why not just put it all out on the table. I had another friend answer this question and she said yes to some friends and no to others. She can't handle the truth.....

Can you?




2 comments:

Bailey said...

Interesting thoughts....I'm not so sure I could handle the heat. However I will tell you what I think about you-no lies. You are simply the best. You are beautiful, you do a great Mexican accent, you're passionate about EVERYTHING, you are a great cheerleader (in every aspect of the word, and the best friend a person could have.

Eva Padilla said...

Bailey Jo! I love you more than I could tell you! You made my day.