Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Could Be Wholesome

I was on the phone one day with my best pal Bailey, and in response to something she said, I responded saying, " I don't think that's inappropriate." My roommate Britney who was in the kitchen said, "Eva, you don't think ANYTHING is inappropriate."

I must say that Britney and I have EXTREMELY different backgrounds and our stories couldn't be more different. However, we have one very important thing in common, which is the gospel. So I of course took great offense to her comment and said, "Whatever Britney! I think genocide is inappropriate."

I really (not) stretched myself there with that comment, and probably proceeded to offend Britney again and again by the usual words that come out of my mouth. I think it could be argued that I don't filter my thoughts enough or that I don't think before I speak, but in my own defense I maintain that I just call it like it is. And if you can hang, then you can hang. And if you can't, then you can't.

This morning my roommate Emily and I were talking about how it "seems" that every topic we discuss is always something to be joked about. We seem to just make light of everything and turn it into a joke. But we quickly rebuked ourselves and made a list of things that we absolutely do not joke about...

THE LIST:
1. The Doctrines of the Gospel
2. The Temple
3. Abortion
4. The Death or Unfortunate circumstances of our loved ones
5. Mac Users





Keeping it classy.



2 comments:

Bailey said...

You guys are not completely inappropriate-you two girls love the gospel with a firey passion and there is no doubt of your testimonies. I love your list, by the way,#5 is...typical. ;)

Eva Padilla said...

Thanks Bailey. I'm glad you see the good in us!
And MAC is a lifestyle. Love it!
I Miss you =[